Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:48:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Time to winterize - add some blankets and hot rum.

BCBoatNet - Western Canada's Boating Forum  |  General  |  Freshwater dippings (Moderator: Capn_Druid)  |  Topic: Thermoglass boats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Thermoglass boats  (Read 11151 times)
mojoman
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:45:38 AM »

anyone have any info on these boats???....appreciate any help...Wink))

mojo
fishzilla
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:37:39 AM »

are talkin K&C Thermoglass?

Know that your most worthy efforts will be scorned by your peers,for it is they who suffer most when you succeed.
Zilla, Cowichan Bay B.C.
ken
mojoman
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:07:46 AM »

not sure if is KC.....is a designated as a Thermoglass MK-143 fiberglas 14ft boat...just curious if anyone knows of these....Wink)

mojo
Capn_Druid
Administrator
Boating God

A bad day sailing is... wait: no such thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »

What, getting "two-foot-itis" from your 10-footer already?  Tongue Grin

The only "Thermoglass" I've ever seen was K&C. However, there were a billion similar-sounding names of boats around that size in the 60s and 70s (I had a "Fibrecraft" for a while:
Stinky

They were all fairly decent, no frills, yer basic runabout...

Druid

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't
mojoman
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »

actually Capn'...I ran into this boat with a 45 Merc and Evenrude 9.9 kicker both electric start with tilt trailer with electric winch....just curious what a fair price is for something like this???

mojo
Capn_Druid
Administrator
Boating God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 05:24:39 AM »

Price varies wildly depending on condition. I bought Stinky for $1200, fixed her up a bit and sold her for $1800 iirc. 'Bout the same boat - ugly trailer and no kicker, but 50hp Merc, etc.

Nice little kick-around boat, actually: a bit small for Harrison Lake, probably OK for Okanogan, definitely too small for the Chuck. Too slow for skiing, but cruised fine with 3-4 aboard.

Druid

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't
mojoman
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 05:35:26 AM »

thankx Capn'...gives me a startin' point

mojo
mojoman
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:36:23 AM »

pics here.....Wink)

http://photobucket.com/albums/a65/mojoganjaman/Thermoglass/?sc=1&multi=4

mojo
Jimmy
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:30:44 AM »

buy it if the price is right.
mojoman
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 04:56:22 AM »

I did...Wink))))

mojo
fishzilla
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:39:35 AM »

Yup.old K&C .see the grooves on the deck of bow.
also the color.

Know that your most worthy efforts will be scorned by your peers,for it is they who suffer most when you succeed.
Zilla, Cowichan Bay B.C.
ken
mojoman
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 08:04:51 AM »

soooo....Zilla...kin you furnish any info on these boats.....did check the tag on it...made in Richmond...Wink))

oh...is a 15 hp evinrude kicker....

mojo
mojoman
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »

got the boat in my yard this aft......14ft K&C Thermoglass M143...comes with  45 hp WestBend outboard(electric start) 15 hp Evinrude(elec start....79 model)...Beatty Bros tilt trailer with electric winch Superwinch model 1301...a scotty downrigger with ball etc....3 fuel tanks....3 PFDs...Eagle MagnumII fishfinder...and a top that needs replaced...all apparently in good working order....thoughts on a fair value???

mojo don' know boats....yet
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:16:22 AM by mojoman » Logged
fishzilla
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »

this aft......14ft K&C ...comes with  45 hp WestBend outboard(electric start) mojo
comes with a blender?j/k Grin
Not much to tell really.Back in the day they were probably the most popular boats around.There was a place in Vancouver was the big dealer for them,Ed Richardson.Been gone a long time.Seemed to be a good boat.Nothing fancy.A little teetery due to deep V hull.The original owner of K&C is still around.Was introduced to him a few years ago while prawning off Tent island.Parts should be easy to find as everything is pretty generic so ,if the hull is sound then just enjoy.The engine on the otherhand :-/
The kicker is fine.The 9.9 was introduced in 75 to replace the 9.5.(15 is the same as 9.9 except for carb,I think)One problem they had new was coils.other than that they are a powerful engine.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:50:00 AM by fishzilla » Logged

Zilla, Cowichan Bay B.C.
ken
Capn_Druid
Administrator
Boating God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:49 AM »

got the boat in my yard this aft......14ft K&C Thermoglass M143...comes with  45 hp WestBend outboard(electric start) 15 hp Evinrude(elec start....79 model)...

Hey, welcometo the world of multi-boats! Cheesy By the time Etienne's tired of Kuredu you should be in the market for one that size... Wink

I might dispose of that Westbend outboard - you might find youself using that kicker more often than you'd like! Also, I'll guess the transom has at least SOME rot in it - look into replacing it for a nice winter project...

I kinda liked Stinky - except for the blue smokescreen from the 50hp Merc... Bet you'll have lotsa fun with it!

Druid

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
BCBoatNet - Western Canada's Boating Forum  |  General  |  Freshwater dippings (Moderator: Capn_Druid)  |  Topic: Thermoglass boats « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length